Internships are a proven, long-term recruitment strategy.
|(source: 2016 Internship & Co-op Survey Report
by the National Association of Colleges and Employers)
How will an internship program benefit you NOW?
How will an internship program benefit you LATER?
- An extra set of hands on-site means immediate support and manpower for your current projects.
- Highly motivated and eager to learn, interns will bring fresh ideas and new perspectives to your workplace.
- Their assistance can relieve full-time staff of some of their duties enabling them to focus on the next big initiatives for your company.
- Most importantly, internships provide your company the opportunity to screen a potential long-term candidate.
- Your intern can serve as a brand advocate on campus, generating a word-of-mouth public relations campaign to other students about your company. This can help enhance your company’s reputation and build brand awareness.
- Students also have direct relationships with staff and key personnel which may help you with future recruiting efforts.
- Internships can lead to full-time employment. Returning team members means lower training costs and employee turnover.
Ready to kickoff your internship program?
ABC of Metro Washington has created an easy, how-to guide for beginners or for companies seeking ways to enhance their internship program. The sample forms and job descriptions are easily customizable to help meet your needs. Get your copy today!