Student Chapter Resources
Take Your Career to the Next Level.
Apply for a 2021 Scholarship!
Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) of Metro Washington
2021 Scholarship Application and Eligibility
Application Deadline: April 16, 2021
ABC of Metro Washington Workforce Development Committee has established a program of annual scholarship awards. ABC of Metro Washington will likely award multiple scholarships in 2021 ranging from $500 - $3,000.
Selected scholarship candidates will be required to participate in a virtual 15-minute interview that will take place in April 2021. Scholarship award notifications anticipated by May 7, 2021.
These scholarships are open to:
- Any full-time, part-time or incoming first-year students majoring in construction management, engineering, architecture, project management, or another construction-related degree program.
- Students must be enrolled for the Fall 2021 semester at a college or university located in Prince George's County Maryland, Montgomery County Maryland or the District of Columbia.
- And be enrolled, or accepted into, one of the construction management/construction-related degree programs listed in #2 above.
- Applicants are encouraged to be participants of the college or university's ABC Student Chapter if a student chapter is active and at their school. However, participation in the ABC student chapter is not an eligibility requirement for the 2021 scholarship.
Scholarship Application Requirements: Application Deadline: April 16, 2021
**Be sure to have all information ready before doing application.**
To help collect necessary information before applying: Click HERE to DOWNLOAD PDF APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS AND INFORMATION
Application Information includes:
- Awards; Honors; Club Participation
- Special Interests/Community Service
- Work/Internship Experience
- Essay (required): In 500 words or less discuss why you are interested in the construction industry, your professional goals and how your education, skills, and experience will contribute to your success in your career. Describe why you should receive an ABC scholarship and how you will use the scholarship funds to further your education and professional goals.
- Letter of Recommendation (required): Please attach, to the online application, a letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or work supervisor. At the discretion of the recommender, this letter can be sealed and signed. Only include one letter of recommendation.
If the letter is sealed and signed, it cannot be uploaded and must be delivered NO LATER than April 16, 2021, 3:00 pm to Kamita Marbury, at ABC Metro Washington 6901 Muirkirk Meadows Drive, Suite F, Beltsville, MD 20705.
- ABC of Metro Washington Student Chapter Membership Verification (not required): If you are a member of an ABC of Metro Washington Student Chapter, please have your faculty advisor include a short note verifying your membership and standing within the organization. If you currently or have held a leadership position, provide date(s) and position(s) held (President, Vice President, Secretary, etc.). ABC student chapter participation is not required to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Transcript (required): Please attach an unofficial transcript from your college. Students with fewer than 24-credit hours can provide both college and high school transcripts if they chose (the minimum requirement is a college transcript). Incoming first-year students new to one of the construction-related degree programs can provide unofficial high school transcripts. If you are a new student that attended college in another degree program, you can submit those college transcripts.