MARYLAND IS INVESTING IN TRAINING YOUR PEOPLE.
AND THEY HAVE $500,000 TO DO IT.
WHAT IS IT?
Maryland Business Works provides training funds that can be used to upgrade the skills of your current employees--including apprentices and all staff members--matching your training fees dollar-for-dollar. They have $500,000 to reimburse employers on a first-come, first-served basis. What are you waiting for?
WHAT CAN THE FUNDS BE USED FOR?
Training activities must be specific to the occupation, increase the occupational skill levels of existing employees.
The following types of activities and items are examples of allowable training costs:
- Apprenticeships (ABC CraftMasters C.O.R.E. and any level of ABC apprenticeship)
- Classroom-based training, including training that is designed to meet the specific requirements of business
- In-house staff training
- Instruction provided by consultants
- Books and training materials
- Initial proficiency testing (for approved curriculum)
- GED® preparation, and
- English Language Acquisition
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Once your employee has finished training, you will be reimbursed for 50% of the cost of training through Maryland Business Works
- Your business will be more productive, profitable and competitive
- You'll create job stability for employees with upgraded skills
- Businesses headquartered in (or with at least one permanent physical location in) Maryland
- With 500 employees or fewer
- Trainees must be full time employees who are eligible to receive benefits and have worked for the employer for a minimum of six months
- $4,500 per trainee for each year (July - June)
- You can apply for this annually
- $40,000 funding cap for awards to a specific employer (July - June)
- Business applicants must be prepared to begin training upon execution of the agreement with DLLR
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Bonnie Speedy, Director of Education
Kamita Marbury, Director of Workforce Development
GET STARTED NOW!