Status of Construction Industry (Essential/Non-Essential):
Maryland: Essential -- Executive Order as of March 30, 2020 and Interpretive Guide
District of Columbia: Essential -- Stay at Home Order, March 30, 2020
Virginia: Essential -- Stay At Home Order, March 30, 2020
ABC National: State and Local Construction Announcements
Federal Government: Identifying Critical Infrastructure During COVID-19
April 3, 2020
April 2, 2020
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP): cash flow assistance to employers who maintain their payroll throught coronavirus pandemic more >
- REGISTER FOR: Assessing Your Loan Options Under the CARES Act, webinar presented by ABC National, April 3 at Noon more >
- REGISTER FOR: Top 5 Business & Tax Provisions of the CARES Act, webinar presented by Lanigan, Ryan, Malcolm & Doyle P.C., more >
- February’s Construction Spending Decline Indicates What’s to Come, Says ABC: National nonresidential construction spending fell 1.8% in February, but is up 2.5% compared to the same time last year, according to an Associated Builders and Contractors analysis of data published by the U.S. Census Bureau. On a seasonally adjusted annualized basis, spending totaled $795.1 billion for the month. more >
- Download M&T Bank's CARES Act Fiscal Stimulus Package Information for Small Businesses
April 1, 2020
March 31, 2020
March 30, 2020
- ABC National: What to Do When a Project is Shut Down-Check List and Continuity Planning: COVID-19 Project Planning for a Complete Project Shutdown
- Register for ABC National Webinar (ABC members only): March 31, 2020 at 3:00 PM EDT: Insights and Strategies to Help Contractors Respond to COVID-19
- You Can Help: John's Hopkins is Searching for life-saving equipment--Powered Air Purifying Respirators (PAPRs), often used by asbestos removal, lead abatement, industrial painters, and insulator companies. Call: Hopkins Supply Chain Manager, George Lavdas, at (443)766-0758 or email George at email@example.com.
- John's Hopkins Hospitals throughout MD an DC are collecting PPE gear: gloves, N95 masks, disposable lab coats, and face shields.Donations can be given to Suburban Hospital in Montgomery County; Howard County General Hospital in Howard County; Sibley Memorial Hospital in DC; and John's Hopkins in Baltimore.
- DC: Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA) remains operational, but the office located at 1100 4th Street SW will be unavailable to the public for in-person services from Wednesday, March 25 until Monday, April 27. Utilize DCRA online services. For questions utilize the live chat feature on the website during normal business hours, call (202)442-4400, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DC: Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA): As of March 25, 2020--Construction continues to be allowed in the District Monday – Saturday from 7:00 am – 7:00 pm without any special permits. DCRA inspectors are continuing to investigate reports of illegal construction throughout the District.
- For members interested in becoming an Emergency Vendor with the state of Maryland, to contract or lease safety/health goods, please click here
- Montgomery County Department of Permitting Services (DPS): DPS will no longer accept new projects via paper submissions; Inspections continue as usual. more >
In order to stay up-to-date and access accurate information, our members are encouraged to utilize the below links.
ABC National is hosting a webinar series on Coronavirus (available only to ABC members in management positions and Chapter staff): Go here to get login information before registering. Recordings available.
- Construction Industry Status (essential/non-essential)
- Permitting and Inspection Status Information
- Emergency Business Relief Fund Programs and Small Business Administration (SBA) Loan Information
- Department of Labor and Unemployment
- And More >
ABC National Information Resources:
Federal Government and Healthcare Information Resources: