To protect and enhance the merit shop philosophy within the construction industry, to speak for the industry to the public, and to engage members to succeed in a challenging marketplace.
ABC of Metro Washington is the pre-eminent advocate for fair and open competition and the merit shop philosophy, and the premiere construction association in the metropolitan Washington, D.C. area.
- ABC values the free-market system as the basic premise of economic freedom.
- ABC believes in open and fair competition.
- ABC values a commitment to continually strive to attain the highest standards of performance in business and construction.
- ABC believes in strength in diversity and inclusiveness.
- ABC values personal and corporate integrity and trust.
- ABC values industry and personal professionalism.
- ABC values good corporate citizenship.
- ABC values lifelong learning and a commitment to developing the future and current workforces.
- ABC values good stewardship and fiscal responsibility in the leadership and management of the association.
- Perpetuate and defend the free enterprise system and the merit shop philosophy by participating in the democratic process.
- Deliver programs and services that have a direct, positive and measurable effect on our members’ prosperity.
- Promote business development by providing members with networking opportunities.
- Promote craft and management training of employees.
- Effectively communicate the services and benefits of membership, and encourage member participation and involvement in the association.
- Promote for mutual benefit majority, women and minority members.
- Improve industry practices.
- Improve where we live and work through our members' active community service.
ABC of Metro Washington's Bylaws