Career Opportunities at ABC of Metro Washington
The Associate Director of Government Affairs has overall responsibility for monitoring and tracking legislative and administrative activity within the District of Columbia (DC). The Associate Director needs to be knowledgeable about program goals in order to develop legislative strategies, regulatory frameworks and a pro-building environment within the District. The Associate Director must build strong relationships internally with other ABC staff directors in membership, education, marketing, workforce development and programs departments. The Associate Director will be expected to establish/build relationships with elected and regulatory officials along with staff supporting these individuals.
KNOWLEDGE BASE AND SKILLS:
- Strategic and long-term planning capabilities.
- Marketing, promotional and presentation skills.
- Writing and verbal communications skills.
- Client relationship skills.
- Experience working with government officials.
- Experience in reading, drafting and tracking legislation.
- Knowledge of election laws, campaign finance and the local political process.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Member service outlook and capability.
- Self-driven and able to work independently.
- Knowledge of construction industry.
- Ability to manage others.
- 3-5 years related work experience, preferably within the construction industry or non-profit environment.
- B.A./B.S. degree in related field.
- Lobbying experience preferred.
To Apply for Position