Career Opportunities at ABC of Metro Washington
Director of Events and Management Education
Responsible for directing and managing a significant non-dues revenue program that includes delivering networking functions, special events, and educational programs to ABC members and the industry.
Minimum Requirements/Performance Standards:
- Excellent organizational, logistical and financial management skills.
- Strategic and long-term planning capabilities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and database management.
- Proficiency in negotiating contracts.
- Proficiency in using virtual platforms (e.g., Zoom, Teams, Airmeet).
- In-depth knowledge of the English language and grammar, including the ability to write comprehensive, legible sentences, correspondence, and other written communications.
- Excellent reading comprehension skills.
- Able to communicate (speaking and listening) to members, customers, and the general public.
- Experience with managing and developing people.
- World-class customer service experience and skills.
- Highly professional and able to work well with staff members, volunteers, instructors and the public.
- Professional appearance during working hours and business functions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent experience
- Association or meeting planning background preferred.
- Construction experience/background helpful
Job Description HERE
To Apply for Position
CraftMasters Training Academy Instructors
Want some "gig" work and/or want to work part-time? Check out our openings for construction trainers.
ABC CraftMasters has openings for tradesmen with a minimum of five years trade experience to become a primary or substitute instructor. Instruction can be short-term (6-8 weeks) or longer term (7-9 months).
Download the flyer for more information