March 31, 2020
March 30, 2020
- ABC National: What to Do When a Project is Shut Down-Check List and Continuity Planning: COVID-19 Project Planning for a Complete Project Shutdown
- Register for ABC National Webinar (ABC members only): March 31, 2020 at 3:00 PM EDT: Insights and Strategies to Help Contractors Respond to COVID-19
- You Can Help: John's Hopkins is Searching for life-saving equipment--Powered Air Purifying Respirators (PAPRs), often used by asbestos removal, lead abatement, industrial painters, and insulator companies. Call: Hopkins Supply Chain Manager, George Lavdas, at (443)766-0758 or email George at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- John's Hopkins Hospitals throughout MD an DC are collecting PPE gear: gloves, N95 masks, disposable lab coats, and face shields.Donations can be given to Suburban Hospital in Montgomery County; Howard County General Hospital in Howard County; Sibley Memorial Hospital in DC; and John's Hopkins in Baltimore.
ARCHIVES: MARCH 19-27, 2020
March 27, 2020
March 26, 2020
Today's Safety Moment: Emotional Well-Being During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- DC: Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA) remains operational, but the office located at 1100 4th Street SW will be unavailable to the public for in-person services from Wednesday, March 25 until Monday, April 27. Utilize DCRA online services. For questions utilize the live chat feature on the website during normal business hours, call (202)442-4400, or email at email@example.com.
- DC: Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA): As of March 25, 2020--Construction continues to be allowed in the District Monday – Saturday from 7:00 am – 7:00 pm without any special permits. DCRA inspectors are continuing to investigate reports of illegal construction throughout the District.
- For members interested in donating masks and supplies--if you are a designated representative of a business that would like to offer the state of Maryland free-of-cost goods in connection with the ongoing COVID-19 response more >
- For members interested in becoming an Emergency Vendor with the state of Maryland, to contract or lease safety/health goods, please click here
March 25, 2020
Today's Safety Moment: Toolbox Talk for Subs
March 24, 2020
Today's Safety Moment: COVID-19 Tool Cleaning Protocol
March 23, 2020
IMPORTANT UPDATE from MD Governor Hogan: Order closing all non-essential businesses and other establishments. Construction remains essential and open. more >
- From Federal Government: Identifying Critical Infrastructure During COVID-19
- MD: The Governor's Office, Maryland Emergency Management Agencey (MEMA) and many sister agencies are working to identify essential goods and services. It is recommended that all businesses and industries who have questions to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org This is monitored by MEMA and should be able to answer questions and take your input.
- MD: Governor Hogan announced that small businesses can apply for SBA Disaster Assistance more >
- DC: Government Announces $25 Million Small Business Recovery Microgrants and Information on SBA Disaster Loans more >
From ConstructionDive: Mapping the Conoravirus Impact on US Construction-- As news of the coronavirus impact continues to unfold, this page tracks projects or cities that have halted construction due to the pandemic.
ABC of Metro Washington member, Aronson, LLC, has a web page with accounting and business services information to use as a roadmap for business continuity, operations, workforce and overall safety planning efforts during the current health epidemic more >
March 19-20, 2020
Return to Main COVID-19 Page