You have the knowledge, but do you have the best tools to communicate your ideas? This Business Writing Essentials course is a must for any professional in the construction industry who wants to maximize success through strategic written communication.
Attendees will learn:
- Fundamentals of effective business communication – what employers expect
- Keys to planning business messages
- Tips for effective email communication
- Smart ways to request action or information
- Ins and outs of persuasive communication
- Importance and application of ethical communication
About the speaker:
Bill Holleran is in his 12th year as a faculty member in the University of Maryland University College (UMUC) Communications Studies and Professional Writing Department. Outside the classroom, he is an award-winning professional communicator who specializes in branding and promotion of construction and construction-related companies. His published articles have appeared in the Washington Post, Gazette newspapers and numerous trade and industry publications, including ABC’s national publication Construction Executive.
September 20, 2019
8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
ABC of Metro Washington
6901 Muirkirk Meadows Dr | Suite F
Beltsville, MD 20705
Please note that a reservation constitutes a financial commitment unless cancellation is made no later than noon on September 17, 2019. Substitutions are accepted at any time.