Maryland Paid Sick and Safe Leave
Presented by: Rachel Severance, Fox Rothschild LLP
Maryland mandated paid sick and safe leave went into effect on February 11,
do you know how to comply?
If your company has 15 or more employees, you are now required to offer eligible employees
the ability to earn up to 40 hours of paid leave a year. This seminar will provide the information
you need in order to be in compliance of this complex law.
Learn the following:
March 16, 2018
- What can this leave be used for?
- What are the notification requirements for the employer?
- What are the recordkeeping requirements?
- How does this new law impact what are already doing as a result of the Montgomery County law?
- How much leave can employees carry over?
- What are the penalties if an employer does not comply?
- What are the requirements for employers with less than 15 employees?
- Does unused leave need to be paid out?
- Does an existing PTO policy already comply with new legislation?
8:00 - 10:00 AM
ABC of Metro Washington
6901 Muirkirk Meadows Dr, Suite F
Beltsville, MD 20705