Establishing a safe working environment requires every employer - large and small - and every worker to make safety and health a top priority. The entire work force - from the CEO to the most recent hire - must recognize that worker safety and health is central to the mission and key to the profitability of the American company.
STEP and the 20 Key Components of a World-Class Safety Program can be used to guide companies on their journey towards safety excellence. The online application features include instantaneous STEP level notification and auto-save functionality so members can save their work and complete the application at a later date.
BUILD safety excellence with STEP
- An organized approach for analyzing and developing safety and loss prevention programs
- The Key Component system forms a 20-point guide to starting, updating or auditing a company-wide safety program
- Incorporates lagging indicator safety performance data with leading indicator use and self-assessment requirements to give a full, wide ranging report on the entire nature of a company's Safety Program
- Designed to benefit both large and small contractors alike
- Recognition for ABC members at both National and Chapter level, with various recognition events held throughout the year
- Gateway to Accredited Quality Contractor recognition
- STEP Diamond and Platinum recipients eligible for ABC National Safety Excellence Award and Construction Users Roundtable (CURT) - CISE award
- 2013 STEP data shows STEP participants beat BLS national averages in all lagging indicator performance metrics, leading to participant benefits in the pre-bid/bid process and when negotiating insurance rates.