Accredited Quality Contractors
The Accredited Quality Contractor Program was launched in 1993. It is a program which publicly recognizes and honors those construction firms which have documented their commitment in five key areas of corporate responsibility:
• Safety (STEP Gold, Platinum or Diamond Level Required)
• Employee Benefits
• Community Relations
The AQC Pledge
"As an Accredited Quality Contractor, our company is committed to providing our clients with the highest quality construction services and we care deeply about our employees and the communities in which we build. We are proud to be part of the construction industry and are dedicated to the principle of free enterprise. We commit ourselves to serve our communities and to provide our employees with the skills they need to work safely and productively in order to meet the needs of our clients."
Benefits of an Accredited Quality Contractor Designation
• Wide recognition within the industry, the business community, and the public
• National and local recognition in publications
• Authorization to use AQC language in bid documents
• Permission to use the AQC logo on letterhead, business cards and jobsite signs
• Access to AQC Marketing Materials such as stickers, brochures, membership plaque, etc.
• Points on National Excellence in Construction Awards submissions for being AQC certified
The AQC Program is recognized by the Construction Users Roundtable (CURT). Read the statement of recognition from CURT
ABC of Metro Washington Accredited Quality Contractors
Applying for the AQC Program
Contractors that successfully qualify as Accredited Quality Contractors are accredited for one year. Member companies must renew each year.